This past month has been so much fun! I have been exploring a plant based diet, and it has helped me so much in eating healthy and mindfully. I have been experimenting with Raw Vegan salad dressings, and eating way more fruit then I used to as well. Not only that but I have been trying to make smoothie recipes that I can post on here as well! I am trying not to label myself as anything in particular, such as vegan or fully plant based, for a few reasons. One of them is that I don’t feel I have earned the title, I mean it has only been a month.. Also I slip up sometimes, I am only human, and I sometimes eat things I shouldn’t but I am learning.
I wanted to share a few pictures from over on the OneJoyfulLife instagram where I have been posting pictures of some of the things I eat. This habit of posting and talking with other people on a path to eating more healthy has been so helpful in this process. I have learned so much and I can’t thank everyone over on instagram enough! We are almost at 100 Followers!! So here are the things I ate in November!
Hi everyone! I don’t know about you but I am so excited for late autumn and for winter to arrive. I wanted to try and make a dessert that would capture that in-between seasons feeling, so I put my own little spin on strawberry shortcake! Follow along with my recipe and feel free to add things in as well! Let me know if you try it!
- 1 carton of fresh strawberries (diced)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- (optional) 1 cup of Whispering Angels Rosé (or any other not so sweet white/pink wine)
- Homemade or store bought angel food dessert cakes
- Heavy Cream whipped cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the diced strawberries, syrup, cinnamon and wine (add more of anything to taste of course!). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- When ready to serve spoon the strawberries on to the cake, and be sure to get some of the yummy wine and juices on there too!
- Put just the slightest bit of whipped cream on top
- Make sure your plating is beautiful and enjoy!
I hope you all like this recipe! My camera card isn’t working right now so I can’t get my pictures so thank you PaleoMom for this picture!