When the air gets chilly, nothing tastes better than a warm hearty soup. This is my personal take on an autumnal vegetable soup that is not only healthy but also delicious!! Everything I used can be purchased at Trader Joe’s, or any other supermarket.
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 boxes of vegetable stock (1.5 QT)
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 2 cups of fresh kale
- salt/pepper/thyme/oregano/basil/cayenne pepper/ garlic (to taste)
- (optional Zpasta fall zuchette butternut squash pasta)
- In a large soup pot heat 2tbs of olive oil on medium heat and add in your diced celery, carrots, and onion. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft and light brown.
- Add your spices, garlic, squash, and stir together until steaming
- Add in your broth and bring to a boil, (add more spices if you find necessary)
- turn down to medium heat to bring the soup to a simmer, cover, let cook for 10 minutes. (If you are adding in noodles, in a separate pot bring water to a rolling boil and add in pasta)
- Add Kale into the soup, stir in, and allow to become bright green. Continue cooking until squash is tender.
- Remove from heat
- Serve nice and hot and add your cooked noodles in before serving
I really hope you enjoy this delicious soup, it was my first attempt at making my own soup with no recipe. Let me know if you decide to make this and tell me all about it!!